Re: [LUG] Meeting in Holsworthy

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have heard today that the wifi system in Holsworthy Memorial Hall
> should now be working.
>
> If there is enough interest I will set up a lug meeting in the Hall for
> a Saturday afternoon in the near future. It will be after Easter, of
> course. Could anyone who is interested please let me know what
> (Saturday) date(s) would be acceptable please?
>
> Starting with, and including, April 18th, I can organise a date to suit
> the majority of those interested.
>
> I have not organised a meeting before, so any advice will be very welcome.
>
> If it turns out to be useful we can then discuss future meetings there.
> There do not seem to be any other meetings anywhere near here, so I hope
> it will be worthwhile for us.
>
> Regards
>
> Neil Winchurst

Regarding meetings,

as its a new venue,  the first meeting is best kept simply  partly as
you can then see what is available,  where power sockets are and form a
mental picture of where things can happen at a future meeting.

Location of facilities, such as kitchen, power,  how to get connected to
the wifi,  disabled access, etc so you may not get much done in the way
of trouble shooting but you know for a future meeting that for example
there is potential to move  a few tables so they are near to power
outlets and you can accommodate 2 or 3 pc's / laptops etc in that area,

or perhaps there is a wall that you could use to project a presentation
onto,

You can then plan around what is available,  we found the shoreline is
good for general meet ups,  as we have sockets, wifi, but would not be
suitable for doing talks etc, so we are looking for a 2nd venue where
that is possible.

but a new venue is a learning curve in this respect,  but once you know
the venue you don't end up getting to adventurous with meeting plans.

Once you know what is available anyone interested in sorting out a
specific issue can come along and if venue is suitable you can see if
anyone can do a talk.

hope this helps

Paul Sutton