Re: [LUG] Trouble ticket software

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:

> Quoting Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I wondered if anyone could recommend a simple easy to use (and install)
>> Trouble Ticket package, ideally a GPL'd one or something that is Open
>> Source?
>
> I've used both OTRS and RT and whilst they're both very powerful, I'd
> argue (certainly in the case of RT!) that they're not very easy to
> install.

I've installed both, however not for a couple of years. RT was the worst
to install - maybe it's improved now, but it relied on some weird perl
frameworf.... Not used either seriously though - this was for other
people, but was thinking about it recently myself...

> I've started to use SugarCRM for everything these days.  It's a
> fantastic CRM and the bug/case tracker is very useful.  It will also
> integrate incredibly easily with joomla allowing for customer logins
> on your website that allow clients to update/create support tickets
> that are auto-assigned to their account within Sugar.
>
> Sugar really is everything in one place and it has an excellent
> installation interface.

Now that's intersting. I was speaking to a chap today who sells solutions
based on Sugar too...

Gordon