[LUG] OT: Digital Switchover was Re: OT: C5 off Sky

Rob Beard wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
>> On Saturday 07 March 2009 10:05, Simon Robert wrote:
>>
>> Take card out and re-insert and wait and it comes back.
>> Modern technology gets more and more primitive!

Hear hear...

> It's a bit like re-scanning a Freeview box, IIRC I've had to rescan our
> boxes twice in the past week or two due to channel changes (not sure if
> I needed to do it twice or not).  From what I understand when the
> digital switchover happens (around the 8th April when it starts)
>  I'll have to rescan again and then when the switchover is finished I'll
> have to rescan AGAIN!

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch/west_country

For Beacon Hill (Torbay) it is April 8th and April 22nd.
For Stockland Hill (East Devon) it is May 6th and May 20th.
For Huntshaw Cross (North Devon)  it is July 1st and July 29th.
For Redruth (West Cornwall) it is July 8th and August 5th.
For Caradon Hill (Plymouth and East Cornwall) it is August 12th and
September 9th.

If you don't know which transmitter you get try....
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch
Or look at a map and the direction your aerial points.

Seems a naff approach to me, I'd have thought it would simplify people's
lives to do it in one shot per transmitter, at least then it would be
obvious. i.e. When your analogue TV stops working rescan your digital
channels would be a simpler message.

Anyone know what precisely we will change at the first rescan, i.e. will
it just get better reception, or will they add, or switch channels when
they drop BBC2?

My main remaining issue is that one freeview box doesn't reliably bring
it's telly out of standby, and neither put the TV back in stand-by mode,
so I'll need the TV remote for one button. Grr