Re: [LUG] OT: C5 off Sky

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Saturday 07 March 2009 10:05, Simon Robert wrote:
>
>> C5 is there, both on the freesat box in the lounge and the technomate,
>> which is the same as a sky box with no card, in my bedroom. Couldn't
>> find it at first as it's listed as "Five" and I was looking for C5 or
>> similar.
>>
> I had both channel 5 and 4 and a few others disappear - I think they shuffled
> a few signals.
> Take card out and re-insert and wait and it comes back.
> Modern technology gets more and more primitive!
> Tom te tom te tom

It's a bit like re-scanning a Freeview box, IIRC I've had to rescan our
boxes twice in the past week or two due to channel changes (not sure if
I needed to do it twice or not).  From what I understand when the
digital switchover happens (around the 8th April when it starts)
 I'll have to rescan again and then when the switchover is finished I'll
have to rescan AGAIN!

I can't see why they couldn't implement some sort of automatic
re-scanning command so the boxes & digital TV's rescan automatically
when in standby mode or something like that.

Don't get me started on the fact I have to dump possibly two Freeview
boxes too after the switchover due to them being too old and not
supporting the changesy to the DVB-T standards (one is an early Freeview
box and another is an old OnDigital box).

Ahh well, got something to look forward to - when the switchover happens
I might actually be able to get more then 5 channels on my DVB-T card on
MythTV.

Rob