Re: [LUG] Firefox3

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Steve Lee wrote:

>>> 2009/3/6 Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> yes, I can have both versions available at the same time. I installed
>> FF3 using Adept. The latest version was there for me (3.0.7) as I have
>> the backports repository enabled.
>
> You might want to avoid sharing your profile between both; use the
> -profilemanager option to create new profiles
>
> You can also grab any of the builds at
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/
> and stick them in your userspace and run them
>
> I use nightlies/trunk which is the very latest (actually called minefield)

I have minefield of my Laptop when it's in XP mode. Seems fine. Debian
Lenny ships with 3.0.6 - which seems OK, but it memory hogs after some
days and just gets a bit clunky. I also find the javascript engine a bit
clunky too, but other than that it seems fine. (the memory hogs might be
flashblocker and adblock+, who knows)

Gordon