Re: [LUG] Firefox3

2009/3/6 Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I know that there is version 3 of FF available. Can both versions be
> installed  without problems? Or would I need to uninstall v 2 first?

Depends how you install it.

If you install the "firefox" package that will bring in 3.0.7 and
_not_ remove firefox 2.

> Does v 3 have any advantages over v 2 or would it be a pointless exercise?

Firefox 3 has the "awesome bar" where you type search criteria in the
address bar and it brings up a list of sites that contain the
keywords.. hard to explain, but it works quite nicely..

Firefox 2 is now out of support. There's no more updates for firefox 2
which is one reason why Hardy actually shipped with firefox 3 (beta),
and then updated when firefox 3 released.

Cheers,
Al.