Re: [LUG] Free Linux Format PDF

On 05/03/2009, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can force the upload and download speeds, I find one torrent site I
>  use which has UK based members always gives me a good speed, usually
>  around 600 to 700KB/sec on my 7 Meg DSL connection (Enta ALT and node
>  congestion dependent).  But as you say sometimes it can go slow where
>  you upload faster than you download.

I have a "fire and forget" policy for torrents. I have a little low
power viglen PC which I run torrentflux on. I can logon to it with a
web browser and give it the url to a torrent and away it goes. I'll
check it now and then. Actually I should look at seeing if it can
notify my by mail when a torrent finishes, that would be cool :)

Cheers,
Al.