[LUG] Abiword

Has anyone else had problems with Abiword.  It seems to make a hash of
translating .doc files.  I thought I'd give it a go as it is swift of nature
but I've had to ditch it.  It may be because I'm running KDE and it is
basically a Gnome app but it has it's dependancies and is installed OK
according to synaptic.

Also, the following is a nifty looking 10.1" netbook for a mere £250. (No
dear, I'm not buying it. I'm only looking...)

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=5BTY&SearchTerms=5BTY&InMerch=1

George