Re: [LUG] IPCop with 3G modem as a backup connection

On 26/02/2009 20:41, Dave Berkeley wrote:
> Shaun Orchard wrote:
>
>> Out of interest, what reseller are you with?
>>
>> If it's UKFSN, I requested a MAC using the UKFSN control panel, and
>> about an hour later clicked on the page again. My MAC was there.
>>
>> The e-mail address associated with my account doesn't work so I don't
>> know if that would ever work, but at least I got my MAC using the
>> above method.
>>
>> Shaun
>>
>> 2009/2/26 Rob Beard<rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>>
>>      That's not good, I'd have thought they would at least give you a Mac
>>      code, but as you say you're going to Virgin so I guess it's not really
>>      needed and they can just cease the connection. I still haven't
>>      received
>>      my Mac either, I think it must have got lost in the ether.
>>
>>      Rob
>>

> It finally arrived. Yes, you are right, I don't need the MAC code. But
> they don't need to cease the connection. They did that days ago. I was
> just curious to see how long it would take.
>
> Neither UkFsn or EntaNet seem geared up for customer service.
>
> I've been very pissed off about the whole thing. I've cheered myself up
> by writing to the MD of EntaNet. Enjoy.

<snip>

That's a good letter, are you registered on the Think Broadband forums?

I think the folks on there in the Enta sub forum would love to read it.

Personally when I signed up with Enta nearly 2 years ago their support
and service was top class but it seems that over the past 6 to 12 months
things have really gone down hill and I wouldn't be surprised if they
are loosing customers in droves.  I was going to suggest Enta to one of
my clients who is looking to move away from Easynet but I couldn't
recommend Enta now due to their poor service and lack of service.  From
what I gather since they have gone over to IPSC from the Centrals things
have really gone to pot with connectivity problems on the Sheffield node
and from what I understand, lack of bandwidth to the Edinburgh node.

Rob

Rob