Re: [LUG] IPCop with 3G modem as a backup connection

I'm just looking at a similar problem. My UkFsn / EntaNet connection is still
down after 17 days. I can't even get the *****s to send me a MAC code to
transfer out. If anyone is thinking of using EntaNet, my advice would be
don't. I've even been put round a loop with their complaints procedure. I've
now canceled the direct debit as I'm sick of phoning them. I've had enough.
I'm getting cable installed.

Anyway, I've been running off a Vodafone E220 3G modem, which is patchy.
Sometimes quite good.

I'm interested in approaches to failover. I would have thought that you could
just leave the modem connected, and use the metric on the routing table of the
router to provide the failover. Has anyone tried this?