Re: [LUG] Google Android

Paul Sutton wrote:
> All this is fine as long as people have a ) heard of GNU/Linux and b)
> have not been told or been exposed to the FUD surrounding it,
>
> In terms of promotion I am looking at people being able to see it in
> action (PC's with say ubuntu installed), so they can look, use, ask
> questions to those with the PC's and get a good feel for what is
> available and the support available.
Seeing it in action is good provided the scenario is well chosen.  I
think the worst exposure has to come from some of the atrocious
implementations of Linux on netbooks, such as the Elonex One T.
Exposing people to decent implementations, especially with a direct
comparison to Windows is a great idea.  In that context showing them a
Live CD running on their very own computer is probably the best of all
as it demonstrates how easy the migration from Windows could be.

Kind regards,

Julian