Re: [LUG] Possible Penguin Promotion

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 21:59 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:

> We seem to be on the same frequency,  one thing i noticed was lack of
> interactive displays,  perhaps a few computers could be set up running
> linux and of course a few tux games,  so kids visiting can play, or
> perhaps as a information terminal,  so this can hold html (or similar)
> files with lots of info / pictures etc about the birds and animals at
> living costs so visitors can perhaps use to find out more information.
This seems very promising. Can we organise a simple demo - with all the
kids stuff ready to play - we might need to prepare a trial with one of
our own computers, though if there was sufficient interest, they might
pass on one they have recently retired. There seems to be plenty of
space at Paradise Park as you come in, so this may not be a problem -
near where the chough nest video camera display. Otherwise, Pz Computers
might "donate" a computer with the permission of the previous owner.

James

PS I'd be happy to come along and assist in maintaining the display as
needed - or supporting it on a rota during holidays or penguin events.

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk