Re: [LUG] Laptops and netbooks

   I mean okay you're
> probably not going to be able to virtualise Windows on top of Linux on
> them

Funny you should say that. You might recall from an earlier thread that
I had tied vmware on my aspire one, and you are quite right, not a
pleasant experience.
But I mentioned I was going to try virtualbox s I had heard it used less
resources.
I assigned 384mb ram to the os and it flies along with XP serice pack 2.
I successfully installed an old game Starship Titanic by Douglas Adams
that had problems on the ista laptop. No problems at all. I then tried
office xp just to see how it would run and again was surprised to see
outlook started up in under 20 seconds.
I've removed it all now. It was just an experiment as the only program I
need to run works fine under wine.
I'm still finding I'm not using the laptop. My wife even pinched this
the other day. The main reason I got it after she kept nicking the
laptop from me !

Ray.