Re: [LUG] Laptops and netbooks

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have seen quite a lot in the press recently about netbooks. They seem
> to just be a smaller version of laptops. Apart from the fact that
> netbooks are easier to carry around, being smaller, and can be carried
> in a pocket, are there any real advantages over laptops?
>
> And if not, why so much interest in them nowadays? Just wondering.
>
> Neil Winchurst

They are cheaper as well. But, primarily, they are trendy. I considered
buying one for using when travelling but, in the end got a refurbished
Thinkpad X31 from EBay. It cost me just over ?100, is more powerful,
very slim / light with a much more usable 12 inch screen. The battery
life (about 3 1/2 hours) is better than a lot of netbooks, as well. Be
mean and green, I say!!!

Viv