Re: [LUG] [ubuntu-uk] computer fairs

On 10/02/2009 06:01, Subscriptions wrote:

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Excuse me for being a bit thick but, I wasn't quite clear from the posts about
>> Computer Fairs, whether this guy who runs them, from Bracknell has been
>> approached to run one here (Devon or Cornwall). When we used to live in Kent,
>> there were regular Computer Fairs and we often went to them. Phil can't
>> understand why there aren't any at all here in the West Country.
>>
>> I would like to nominate where we live in Sticklepath as a location for the 1st
>> one - according to my very tenuous grip to geography, I think we might be in the
>> middle of Devon and Cornwall :-). Seriously though, we would definitely attend if
>> one was held down here somewhere - even if we had to go all the way to Penzance,
>> it is still closer than Kent.
>>
>> Viv

There was one once in Newton Abbot at the Racecourse a few years back
but it hasn't been on in ages.

I presume the fairs you went to were held by British Computer Fairs
(www.britishcomputerfairs.com)?

I did try sending them an e-mail about computer fairs in Devon &
Cornwall but their contact page doesn't work (anyone else care to try?).

Otherwise maybe we should look into doing our own.

Rob