Re: [LUG] Mac OSX on Virtual Machine?

On 09/02/2009 23:15, Grant Sewell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The newer Macs are not that different to a "bog standard" x86 PC, with
> the notable exception of the fact that they have an EFI instead of a
> BIOS, no?
>
> If that is the case, would it be that hard for people like VirtualBox
> (now owned by Sun, isn't it?) to virtualise an EFI much like the BIOS
> is on current VirtualBox systems, and therefor allow Mac OSX to
> install/run in a VM on non-Mac systems?
>
> Or is there more to it?
>
> Cheers.
> Grant. :)

Well apart from the legal issues it is a pain in the neck to get it
installed.  The hardware has to be just right.  It's getting easier but
if you have one bit of hardware that isn't compatible then it won't
work.  I very much doubt there would be support in Virtualbox or VMWare
out of the box.  Not to say it isn't doable though.

Maybe you should try Darwin first?

Rob