[LUG] Exwick Community Centre Open Day - 7th Feb 2009 12pm to 4:30pm

Hi folks,

For those of you who might not be able to make it all the way over to
Paignton on Saturday, I thought I'd mention the Exwick Community Centre
open day in Exeter.  It will be held from 12pm to 4:30pm at the Exwick
Community Centre on Kinnerton Way in Exwick.  For those of you with
satnav, the postcode is EX4 2PR.  The Community Centre can be found on
Kinnerton Way next to the basket ball court and above a shop.  Parking
is fairly limited although you'd probably be able to park along the road
by the centre.

At the open day we're hoping to have the official launch of the new
computer suite which features the LTSP Server that I managed to help
secure funding with from the Gemini FM Charitable Trust.  The server
itself is running Ubuntu 8.04.2 and there are 6 client machines hanging
off the server.

It would be a perfect opportunity to talk to the residents of Exwick
about Free/Open Source software and demonstrate it actually being used.
Trevor who runs the community centre has also asked me about
demonstrating it to the Mayor of Exeter too which if anything might
strengthen our cause about getting Open Source software into the local
government.

It would be great if some of you could come along, IIRC Simon has
already said he may be able to come along but if anyone else can make it
I would be grateful for the support.

Rob