Re: [LUG] Microsoft announce 6 versions of Windows 7

On 04/02/2009 10:40, Samuel Toogood wrote:
> Actually I think it's 'Starter' that limits you to three applications.
> Neither 'Starter' nor 'Basic' are going to be on sale here though - they're
> for selling cheap to emerging markets i.e. countries where Windows is not
> so dominant.
>
> Sam

Ahh yeah after reading up a bit further it seems that you're right.  I
know a couple of people who have Vista Basic and I'm sure they should
have started complaining if it did only run 3 apps at once.  I can't see
why Microsoft didn't just have a Home version and a Business version
myself, or even better, just a standard version.  Oh well I'll stick to
Ubuntu, or at least I will later when I backup my laptop and give it a
reinstall.

Rob