Re: [LUG] Virtualisation / Windows 7: [Was Re: Debian on an Acer Aspire One ...]

On 02/02/2009 13:03, Julian Hall wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Okay it won't run Windows 7, at least not on my laptop
>>
> Do you mean it won't run under VirtualBox or the spec of your laptop?  I
> tried out the beta of Windows 7 on a test machine (owned by same friend
> who showed me the Elonex).  We were both very pleasantly surprised - in
> fact he said it's the first MS OS he has ever liked at first sight.  The
> test rig was an AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz / 512Mb RAM with (I think) an Nvidia
> 7600, and Windows 7 actually ran only fractionally slower than XP, and
> miles faster than Vista which on the same box crawled on hands and knees.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

I'm running Virtualbox on a Core 2 Duo 2GHz with 4GB Ram and 1GB
allocated to the virtual machine so I presume it's an issue with
VirtualBox.  I'm probably going to give it a go on a real machine later
on this week.

Rob