[LUG] Virtualisation / Windows 7: [Was Re: Debian on an Acer Aspire One ...]

Rob Beard wrote:
> Okay it won't run Windows 7, at least not on my laptop
Do you mean it won't run under VirtualBox or the spec of your laptop?  I
tried out the beta of Windows 7 on a test machine (owned by same friend
who showed me the Elonex).  We were both very pleasantly surprised - in
fact he said it's the first MS OS he has ever liked at first sight.  The
test rig was an AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz / 512Mb RAM with (I think) an Nvidia
7600, and Windows 7 actually ran only fractionally slower than XP, and
miles faster than Vista which on the same box crawled on hands and knees.

Kind regards,

Julian