[LUG] re-install

Hi

I am still having issues with auto mounting,  my latest attempt to sort
it out, is to remove KDE fully from my system (i am using gnome),  this
hasn't fixed it but has actually made my system more stable, or it seems
it anyway.

Can i re-install ubuntu without reformatting the hard drive its on, so
in effect a working config replaces what ever is broken.

either that if I reinstall fully, i.e format the drive that its
installed to, what will happen to stuff like the gpg configuration
(/home is not on a different partition),  I am guessing all this will be
preserved,  including how thunderbird is set up, to use enigmail.

reinstal + formatting is a last resort,  but I am really stuck with
getting flash drives etc to simply auto mount and display on the desktop
once mounted.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton