Re: [LUG] Default gateway disappears when a root SSH putty connection is used?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Sam Grabham wrote:

> Hi
>
> Still haven't cracked the problem.
>
> if you ssh from another linux machine using root you get the following
> "RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable " message. and at this point the
> default gateway disappears.
>
> The only change that i am aware of is we changed our network ip's, these are
> static.
>
> If you VNC to the machine and open a root terminal you don't get the
> problem.
>
> The ssh scripts are as default and have compaired against another machine.

It still seems like there's a script doing something on login..

What happens if you login on the console?

What happens when logging in via VNC, then typing:

   su -

or ssh as a normal user, then

   su -

and give the root password.