Re: [LUG] Courses in my area...

Tom Potts writes:
> On Saturday 24 January 2009 16:00, james kilty wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 11:16 +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
>> > http://www.tgtraining.co.uk
>> > just remembered
>>
>> and see http://www.tgtraining.co.uk/courses.htm#Personal_tuition
>> seems to offer free private home tuition and also for communities. This
>> looks splendid. I will email them about joining us (unless you are
>> lurking - please come out) and telling us about "TGtraining offers a
>> number of courses in the rural areas of North Devon and Cornwall where
>> training takes place in village halls as well as other venues." I'd like
>> to know how this is going and how they make entry.
> I'm sure I found them cos they mailed us on the list. Could have gone to avoid
> my inane ramblings though....
> Tom te tom te tom

...wow, the response to this has been massive. THe things that stands out,
for me, so far, is that a lot of these courses seem to be on a teach
yourself kind of baisis.
       I suppose when learning about computers the old model of
teacher/classroom/pupil doesn't really apply. I have overwhelmed the person
who is helping me to find training for work with LOADS of ideas. THe thing
is I don't really need her and her organisation to enable me to do them. It
seems possible that I coould put myself through the training nescasary in
order to gain these qualifications. Not that that's a bad thing, of course!
   So thanks again to everyon who had made sugestions and posted links!
JOn Davey