Re: [LUG] Courses in my area...

On 24/01/2009 14:16, Tom Potts wrote:

>>> .....do they provide those in all colleges?...
>>>
>> I don't think so, it's done by the Linux Professional Institute, but the
>> courseware is released under some sort of free licence, can't remember
>> if it's Free Documentation Licence or Creative Commons.
>>
> Any idea where I might find that - the links from LPI seem to be for pay up
> please?e
> Tom te tom te tom

Here's some more from IBM...

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/lpi/?S_TACT=105AGX03&S_CMP=LP

and something on the LPI web site...

http://www.lpi.org/eng/training__1/study_materials/practice_questions_and_self_study_materials

Hopefully this will give you some more to go on.

I do wonder if it's worth putting a copy of these documents on the LUG
wiki (if it's possible?), maybe both in OpenOffice format which is what
they are in by default and PDF.

Can't seem to find any free documentation for Ubuntu training, all I can
find on the Ubuntu site is paid for training (at $250 a course or $400
for two, so still cheaper than M$ courses but still a bit pricey as it
doesn't include the exam fees).

Rob