Re: [LUG] Courses in my area...

Stephanie Foster writes:
> It really depends where you want to head for, IT is such a diverse field
>
> Do you want a taught course or a self study course ?
...taught.

> If you're into networking then perhaps the Cisco certified entry level
> technician CCENT which leads onto the CCNA qualification
>

> If you're interested in Microsh!t  (ugh) then perhaps the MC Desktop
> Support Technician for tech support type people
...I don't really want to do anything that spesificaly geared towards MS
> or the MC Server Administrator for server admin type of peeps
>

> CompTIA do a range of courses;
>
> The A+ which is very much all background on hardware for PCs
....My old flatmate had taken the A+ and kept the exam. He put me through it
in the same conditions as he did it in (I think he stole the exam disks but
don't tell anyone), without any training on my behalf, and I scored just
under a pass. He infulenced me on a couple of questions and because of that
I got them wrong...

> The Net+ which is towards networking
> They even do a Linux+
> There is a Linux course from the Linux Prosfessional Institute
> http://www.lpi.org/

....now that sounds interesting!
> There are also more distro oriented courses like Ubuntu certified
> Professional or the Red Hat courses
...hmm, they sound interesting aswell.

> Can I ask which organisation is offering the training & support ?
....They're called Pentreath Industries...