Re: [LUG] Firefox add-on IE Tab

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 00:19 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> That's because of Microsoft's shoddy coding practices.  They use an
> ActiveX control on the IE enabled version of Outlook Web Access and
> where as when you login with another browser it uses the more basic
> interface.
I hate this ActiveX - her IT people just connected to her using ActiveX
- it makes me wonder how many outsiders can get into a machine using it.
>   I'd be weary about using IE Tab though as you're using the
> Internet Explorer engine (and all the security risks that go with it).
Thanks. That's what I need to know. She might just as well use IE. I'll
try to persuade her to open each email and use the whole screen to
increase security a bit. I am wary and also weary of the whole business
of sorting things out as everything seems so slow.

I see her wait for her computer while my work is lightning fast by her
standards and so transparent - and we cannot access some files to delete
them, like cookies and zipped FWB files which Explorer won't show, even
though I know where they are as searches find them. At least she sees
how much easier Linux is and daughter is quite comfortable using kubuntu
for all sorts of things. I haven't shown her the radio stations I listen
to with Amarok - but I should be able to teach her to edit her own music
excerpts for her gcse dance as I did with audacity. I am quite looking
forward to that.
James
--
james kilty