Re: [LUG] Schools Computing - what have they got?

On 20/01/2009 18:32, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Moodle is very well known and widely used,  I have not hear dof karoshi

http://karoshi.linuxgfx.co.uk/

Last time I had a play with Karoshi it was based on PCLinuxOS and had
things like a Samba Domain Controller, Moodle, Apache and all sorts
built in.  You could run it on one server or multiple servers.  From
what I gathered it was supposed to be dead easy and aimed at schools.
> at least with the former there should be a lot more people able to help
> you, I know several secondary schools (westlands for example) in torbay
> that use moodle.
>
> after all support is useful. the openlearn site run by the open
> university is built on moodle.

It's getting the support though, these secondary schools may be running
Moodle, but they may not have time to support anyone else other than
themselves.

Rob