Re: [LUG] Acer aspire with Linux lite connection problem...

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 19:46 +0000, jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Rob Beard writes:
> > On 07/01/2009 16:03, jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> Hi, having a bit of a problem with an Acer aspire.<snip>
> >> CHeers, JOn
>
> > Do you have a link to the support pages?
>
> ...I don't. I just followed the link from Google that he wanted me to. I've
> got to go over and take the download to him now so I'll have to post it a
> bit later....
> >
> > Ubuntu Netbook Remix would most probably support it (I presume this
> > because Ubuntu 8.10 does) and it's aimed at netbooks.  Looking at the
> > Debian installation instructions, I think it would be a tad simpler to
> > go down the Ubuntu route. (A guide on adding it to plain Ubuntu Intrepid
> > is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UNR)
> >
> > On the other hand, Tom Brough has the same modem and his wife has an
> > Aspire One, not sure if he's tried it?
> >
> > There's also this guide which links to the Vodafone Linux dialer
> > software (which certainly works with these modems, I have tried it with
> > one of these modems on Three with Ubuntu 8.04) - HTH
> > http://ppires.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/huawei-e220-3g-and-acer-one/
> >
> > Rob
> >
> ....that is helpfull Rob thanks.
> Cheers, Jon

I don't know how these would work with the hardware, but these two links
are for net book versions of ubuntu for the eeepc. I guess the drivers
could be replaced with whatever is needed and these are very easy to
install.

http://eeebuntu.org
http://www.geteasypeasy.com/

Simon