[LUG] Amazon Music downloads

Has anyone ordered an mp3 from amazon? In trying to download it it appears as though
Amazon insists on the follwoing

 When you purchase an MP3 album or song, the Amazon MP3 Downloader will launch
automatically or you will receive a prompt to download and install the application.
We recommend installing the application as it makes the download process much simpler

End Quote

Now I can understand "recommend", but I cannot see how I can purchase the mp3
WITHOUT installing the downloader. Instructions are as follows

Debian 4 "etch"
1.      Download this amazonmp3.deb file.
2.      Right click the file and select 'Open with "GDebi Package Intsaller"'.
3.      Click the "Install Package" button in the upper right corner.
4.      Launch the Amazon MP3 Downloader to complete the installation process.

And does anyone have any friendly sites for ordering last minute CD's for delivery
before Christmas?

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.