Re: [LUG] Scottish firm pays out £120,000 over unlicensed software

Let me tell you of a little unknown story (True).
I was a founder member of F,A,S,T federation of software theft back in
the 70s that is 1970s not 1870s.
The BSA is just a rename of F,A,S,T
The constitution allowed one author or one company one vote.!
Then the Small Limp company asked to join, but offered, one membership
fee per division ( later to be one per Office in each and ever country)I
argued the case, this was the thin end of the wedge.
I lost, I told the rest of the committee that within the year F,A,S,T
would be The Small limp club. and promptly withdrew my company's
membership and my position on the board.
Sadly being right did not stop tiny soft (another name) ruling the roost
and pushing M Thatcher (A rather senior member of the upper crust) (a
Great buddy of THE MOST HATED ONE and party money supplier) To make Laws
in favour of (the biggest rip of merchants in history.)
Hence, if you pilfer Mr Gates products you pay a disproportionate levy
The UK law does not accept the fact that M,G and very big Co ripped off
  80 to 90 percent of it so called products.
I know I lost millions to the scum.
The only salvation for mankind from such undesirables is LINUX.
"Long Live LINUX".