Re: [LUG] Scottish firm pays out £120,000 over unlicensed software

> - They then on the basis of that information may seek a court order to search the
> premises

I think clarification is needed here.  They could lay information
before a magistrate and ask the police to search however they can not
search.

> - OR you will get a friendly letter saying "prove the software you use is legit".

I would most likely send them back a friendly reply asking them to
prove that the software I use is not legit.

Furthermore they have to be careful. You could enter a legal action
claiming that they are defaming your character or you could ask for
any action to be dismissed on the grounds of malicious prosecution.

Obviously not a good idea to do this unless you are in fact squeaky clean.