Re: [LUG] avoid HP this xmas

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 10:48 +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> On Thursday 11 December 2008 09:18, Rob Beard wrote:
> > Steph Foster wrote:
> > > I avoid HP throughout the entire year whenever I possibly can :-))
> >
> > The sauce or the manufacturer of expensive printer ink?
> both - unless you like the Dutch gloop that pretends to be HP sauce these
> days.
> Even if it does taste the same there nothing wrong with a bit of patriotic
> self abuse
> Tom te tom te tom

"patriotic self abuse"? is that abusing oneself in front of a union jack
and portrait of Queen Victoria? I'll stick (well it is gloopy
apparently) with nice liberal PC Dutchness!

And yes my HP photoprinter works very well under linux, even has fancy
apps for looking at ink levels and so forth. Though I did buy an HP
scanner without checking the compatibility websites because the printer
worked so well, only to find the scanner was not supported and couldn't
be tweaked into working...

Simon