Re: [LUG] avoid HP this xmas

Tom Potts wrote:
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/962/1049962/hp-preloads-suse-linux
>
> They're installing Suse for the same price as Vista (*^(%*()
> If you are thinking of getting an HP - buy the Vista one, stick Linux on it
> and ask for your license money back.
> I hate companies that pretend to get on the bandwaggon while still being owned
> by MS.
> Tom te tom te tom

Technically it's SLES which is the commercial version of SuSE aimed at
corporates who don't know any better but I still think they could have
stuck OpenSUSE on instead.

It does say that these machines are aimed at Small & Medium Sized
businesses, so presumably they'll try and upsell a SMB server too either
running SLES Server or Windows 2008.

Rob