Re: [LUG] wiki update

Rob Beard wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just updated the wiki on the page below
>>
>> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/wiki/index.php?id=reference
>>
>> added a few more distros, (need to add more),  also removed kdvd as its
>> obsolete,
>>
>> Just wondered if as a group we could throw some more ideas around as to
>> what to include,  between us we have a LOT of knowledge which can be
>> added to the lug wiki to make an excellent resource.
>>
>> I was thinking of adding a section for anyone who can offer Computer
>> services, a sort of a-z on one page.  either that or a list for devon /
>> cornwall, then perhaps North South East and West of each, so people in
>> one area can find someone close to them.
>>
>> The same things keep coming up on the list regarding where toget stuff
>> from and hardware recommendations.
>>
>> Ideas - feedback please.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Well when I finally get around to it I'm planning on writing a guide on
> how to setup Funambol with eGroupware which might be of use for some folks.
>
> Not sure how feasable it is either to maybe offer videos (in OGG format)
> of talks which members give on specific things?
>
> I guess things like Videos would depend on server space and bandwidth,
> not to mention someone actually filming/editing them (I don't mind
> helping out when I've got through these 10 odd home videos I need to edit).
>
> Rob

Sounds good, not sure which section to put that sort of thing though,
but when you're ready I am sure it can be sorted out.

thanks

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
DCLUG - chat

 next meet thurs 27th November 2008 - 7:30 pm shoreline/seafront cafe, paignton
details on lug wiki