Re: [LUG] HP Laptop drivers

aashish kumar wrote:

>     It was actually Linux "drivers" I was talking about.  My G6092
>     came with
>     Vista and there are no XP drivers (easily) available either, but other
>     than the wireless, I found it works flawlessly under Linux, and
>     even the
>     wireless works (now).
>
>     You said you tried Linux but i could not find drivers for it - what
>     component were you specifically having difficulty with under Linux?
>     Wifi/webcam/graphics/sound/other?
>
>     Grant.
>

>    I faced problem with graphics and wifi, ethernet ( i didnt tried
> for some devices which i dont use like dialup modem and fingerprint
> reader). By the way graphics give problem even in Vista in some cases
> ( to be specific in games like Cricket and FIFA these games run slow.
> I mean they run like you are playin in slow motion in dont know what
> the problem is. while other games like NFS run perfectly well if you
> have some solution for this please let me know).
> And coming back to linux from my experience i know that linux give
> problem in wifi. so i abondanded the idea of linux and went with
> Vista. But i am thinking of installing linux if i am able to find drivers
>
> Regards
> Aashish
I would try a nice, recent distro and see what works and what doesn't.
Unlike Windows, you don't really need "look" for drivers unless
something doesn't work.  If you want to have a go without needing to
repartition you could try Ubuntu's WUBI tool... it installs Ubuntu into
a file on your Windows system but not like a Virtual Machine - it is a
real Ubuntu running on your real hardware.  A very useful way of finding
out if your hardware is supported.

Grant.