Re: [LUG] Interesting article about 'Vista Capable' and how MS screwed over HP

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 05:07, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Julian Hall wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>> I wonder if HP are still upset about all this?
>>
>> Rob
> My wild stab in the dark would be a fat 'Yes'
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Which as to be good for the Linux community, even if they are sticking
SuSE on their netbooks.  Better than sticking XP on them.

Rob

I bought HP laptop last year with Vista home premium preinstalled( though my configuration is high it can handle vista very well) but i found problems with vista ( as u all know it sucks) i tried downgrading to XP but HP have not provided drivers for XP!!! ( when i run the setup of driver it says the OS should be Vista ) I believe this may be due to a deal between HP and Microsoft ( so that users are compelled to use Vista). I tried Linux but i couldnot find drivers for it. So i have to use Vista as I have no other option.
what i meant to say here is that if HP and Microsoft can do a deal like this. Then why Intel and Microsoft cannot do a similar deal??

Aashish Kumar