Re: [LUG] Source of cheap small capacity USB memory sticks

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Steve Lee wrote:

2008/11/19 Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Incidentally, my sweet spot of a 256MB device was to do with cost, not
what I can fit into it...

Where is that from?
When I searched 256/512 was aways more than 1G and often listed at
stupid prices > £100

http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=1005&pp=100,129,1005

They have 8GB dual-channels ones (ie. fast) for under £100.

I get a lot of stuff from linitx.com - they're not always the cheapest, but delivery is free and their stock control on the website is live - an issue I've had with others in the past - ordering something that says "in stock" on the website only to find it's on 30-day back-order )-:

Gordon