Re: [LUG] Sound distortion in Ubuntu 8.10

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 08:49, James Poole wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm new to posting here. I apologize for my first post being a
> request for help!
>
> To cut a long story short, I have recently upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 from
> 8.04. Everything has gone well so far, except all the sound that my
> computer
> makes is now distorted, and it seems especially apparent at high
> frequencies.
>
> Has anyone else experienced similar, or does anyone have any ideas on what
> I can do about it?
I cant remember if you fixed this but I just had the same problem*
If you click on the speaker icon (top right on standard) you get a volume
control
If you double click on it you get a mixer. The pcm input will probably be at
full volume. Reduce that and increase Master volume to compensate et voila
you too can listen to things you really wish were distorted

*8.10 upgrades seem to be a nighmare....
Tom te tom te tom