Re: [LUG] simple website tools

Dave Berkeley wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> I had a quick look at Drupal and it looks way too complex. I don't have the
> days it would seem to take to get up to speed, and I can't expect anyone else
> to either. I don't want to have to learn PHP (though I write Python for a
> living at the moment).
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Dave,

If you are good with Python, I might suggest writing your own simple CMS
- the water is lovely, jump right in.  However, for something out of the
box - Drupal isn't too bad, and is actually quite easy to set up - and
find a suitable theme to hack to fit.  Alternatively "Joomla!", is quite
nice also.

As others have suggested, wordpress is another suitable thing - however,
I would reserve that for what it does best - blogs, not websites.

This sounds like an excellent "show and tell" in the works, at the next
LUG meet. :)

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker