Re: [LUG] SSH passwordless login without keys

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone.

My new web hosts are being idiots and for some bizarre unknown reason
aren't allowing SSH logins with host keys, only passwords.

So, does anyone know if there is a way of getting an SSH client to
automatically enter the password for me? Like a .netrc file?

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Simon

Yes it is possible,

I have done this with plink (via windows powershell but you can download and compile the source for *nix) to execute batch jobs on a Cisco PIX for failovers when an ISP goes down.  PLink is just the cli of PuTTY.

If I remember correctly though, my initial login still required me to accept the fingerprint.

Warm Regards,

KevinT