Re: [LUG] Linux PC supplier

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:30:38 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Rob,

> No problem.  The EfficientPC Wraith gets 8 out of 10 in the Linux

Not a bad score.

{specs noted, ta}

> You get the base unit for about £210 inc VAT.  Keyboard, Mouse and
> Monitor are extra.

Those I've got;  Using them now.   :-)

> Still, for just over £200 it ain't bad.  Presumably they also have
> other case options for if you want to add more hardware.

I was looking at one of their other models on the web site.  There were
options for adding more RAM, various GFX cards, a 2nd DVD rewriter, up
to 4 HDs (up to 1TB each!), a wireless NIC and single or dual TV card.
What I wanted totted up to £650 or thereabouts.  I don't think I could
build the same machine for that price.  Again, monitor, keyboard and
mouse are extra.  Oh, and I'd go for no OS, but only because I'd
overwrite Ubuntu and install Debian.

--
 Regards  _

I'll tell you something, I think that you should know
Rich Kids - Rich Kids