[LUG] Opening attachments in thunderbird

I have moved up from Gutsy to Hardy. I am having a problem with opening
attachments and URL's in Hardy. In Gutsy I could click on a URL in an
email and it would open up in Firefox. Likewise if I clicked on an
attachment such as a jpeg file it would open up in Gwenview for me.

I cannot remember how I set this up in Gutsy and I can't find it in
Hardy. Can anyone remind me please? I seem to remember that somewhere I
set Firefox to be the default browser for example. Any help much
appreciated.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst