Re: [LUG] Asus Eeepc & Staples

Rob Beard wrote:
> Tesco also supposedly (according to the leaflet I had pushed through the
> door) have the new Acer Aspire One in store for about £200.  It has an L
> in the model number so I can only assume it's the Linux version (the
> advert doesn't mention Windows anywhere).
>
> Rob

The A110L is available from tescodirect with Linpus Linux Lite installed
for £179 + delivery.  The eeePC900A is £194 with double the memory for
the extra few quid.

Curiously the Asus Aspire One A150X is £269 with Windows, whereas the
A150L (Linux) is £248.  So much for the Microsoft subsidy.

Kind regards,

Julian