Re: [LUG] Plymouth & O2

> There is a wifi connection tool that is far superior to the gnome
> network manager. It's called wicd and is much easier to use and seems to
> connect to networks a lot easier.

Do you really have issues with NetworkManager? Have you tried recent
versions of it? (I'm on F10 beta).

It is extremely quick (i.e on a par with Airport on the Mac),
automatically selects the correct encryption type, can form ad-hoc
wireless networks, share connections... it's a pretty great piece of
software these days that I don't think could be any easier to use. I
guess looking at wicd's web page, a major advantage would be not
having any Gnome dependencies, although I'm sure a qt-version of
NetworkManager is in the works.

Jon