Re: [LUG] Hope for more light on LAMP

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 19:06 +0000, francesca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, I live on a sailboat and just moved to Falmouth.

Hi Francesca, I'm jealous as all hell about your maritime domicile! I've
been trying to persuade SWMBO to sell up everything and put half a
million into a nice big sailing barge (who needs speed tho' a brace of
30mm cannon on the focsle might come in handy in some parts nowadays)
and then spend the rest of our natural travelling, and the kids can be
home schooled with satellite meanwhile (we could take them up to IB/A
level easy ourselves).

I used to crew racing boats out of Littlehampton, Pompey, Cowes etc.
back in the 70s, so if you are ever short of a hand at the windlass let
me know. I don't work any longer apart from house dad and some house
renovations.

What do you sail out of curiosity? I came across a yahoo group about
people who live on board the other week, dunno if I earmarked it, it
came up as part of a discussion on off grid (electric/gas) eco living. A
new book published or something.

Best wishes
Malcolm