Re: [LUG] Plymouth & O2

Kai Hendry wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> My sister is now attending the University of Plymouth. However she is
> having trouble connecting to the wireless from her Ubuntu Thinkpad T30.
>
> I don't know what's going on. She has upgraded Ubuntu at least 3 times
> and perhaps the bloatware that's the Gnome network manager has decided
> to fail unsurprisingly. She does say it works at work at home fine.
> Perhaps I wrote in a /etc/network/interfaces. I can't remember!
>
> So is there any LUG member at the University that could help her resolve
> the problem?
>
> I'm now based in Woking, Surrey. Argh...

Has she tried the UoP student support desk in Babbage?  A good friend of
mine works there and I do know that he did do some work trying to get
linux installs to work with the wireless networking there.  Afair,
Ubuntu was the only one he could get to work.

Sadly, I believe that he has moved on from that position but there maybe
somebody else there who can help.