Re: [LUG] 64 Bit for new laptop.

>  From what I gather from using 64-bit Linux for a while now, 32-bit
> applications WILL work as long as you have the 32-bit libraries
> installed (package name ia32-libs I think).  I don't think 32-bit
> drivers will work though, generally they'd have to be compiled for your
> kernel anyway, so if you can't find drivers for hardware then chances
> are you can compile the source and it will *hopefully* work.

The drivers need to be 64bit.  I was pleasently suprised that on my
aspire 5003wlmi (amd turion x64) to see the WLAN work with minimal
effort (enabling the third party driver).

I didn't find any issues with the proprietary Flash install via
FireFox and CPU usage.  My only problem was the display, which I still
need to try with a version other than intrepid.

regards,

KevinT