Re: [LUG] DVLA (now OT)

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 21:22 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Thanks - I feel better for knowing I was fooled ;)
Perhaps I should have said "persuaded by the escalation..." Sorry. I
just got so mad when it happened to me I did a google search and turned
up an article by Pete Jones and emailed and phoned him. Even the Rac are
unsure of the actual situation so they have also been f.. persuaded of
the legality of fines. I brazened it out even after a phone call
threatening the bailiffs as if they could do this without a court order.
Even the police said it was out of their jurisdiction in spite of the
deception used. A nice man at the court told me I could attend a hearing
if they did go that far.
I feel another letter to my MP coming on.

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk