Re: [LUG] DVLA

Neil Stone wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/02/dvla_data_sharing/
>
> *ugh*

I noted this as a hole in my defences when I got a parking ticket for
parking in what I believed was the car park of the pub I had lunch in
one day.

They can get the registration from your car (or anyone who sees your car
anywhere), and ask the DVLA, and the DVLA hands over your information.

As someone who is generous with information on the net, but
ex-directory, and not on the published electoral role, I was somewhat
aggrieved they would hand my details over to any person claiming to be a
car park company who had my car registration details.

1.6 million enquiries - eek - perhaps time to ask if anyone has been
making enquiries.

I believe there are solicitors offering to register vehicles for those
who want to avoid this, but the arrangement is quite complex (and thus
expensive), and I think the DVLA should offer an opt out, where they
forward correspondence or similar.

Oh and buying up pub car parks and turning them into poorly signposted
car parks is an excellent money making scam^W scheme.