[LUG] Installating Ubunto on an UMPC

Hi all,

In a moment of weakness while abroad last week I bought one of these
http://www.embryoumpc.com/

For those with no link it's based on the VIA C7 processor has a 1024 x
600 WXGA screen, USB, Ethernet, Wifi etc.

Unlike some UMPC's it has a hard disc but no optical drive.

The version on the shelf came with a 80 GB HD and showed Ubuntu 7
working fine, so instead so making it easy and sticking with that I went
for the difficult option and a larger hard disc with no OS (and not
enough time to install one). I have a CD with Ubuntu and another with
the display drivers (apparently all the other nec drivers are part of
Ubuntu 7.10).

The Ubuntu CD boots OK but falls over at display driver section.

My task now is to create a boot disc from the Ubuntu CD but using the
display drivers on the other CD, I have no other working Linux PC at the
moment.....

Before I create another selection of coasters from non-working CD's,
anyone got suggestions about the best way forward.

Many thanks,

Chris Tipney

p.s. I did post a message to the list yesterday about hosting a meeting
here (at home) for those in the area but it hasn't appeared - hummm